Re: Recovering standby from primary archived WAL segments

От Ron
Тема Re: Recovering standby from primary archived WAL segments
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Well that stinks.  And seems a pretty fatal flaw in repmgr.

On 11/4/23 09:41, Ebubekir Büyüktosun wrote:
Hi Ron,

I test it using repmgr. So, when i close the postgres and repmgr services at the standby site, as i understand, repmgr drops it's replication slot so there is no wal accumulation in pg_wal at primary site but archiving is working well because it is enabled.

Thanks for response,

04.11.2023, 17:16, "Ron" <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>:

On 11/4/23 08:42, Laurenz Albe wrote:

 On Sat, 2023-11-04 at 15:46 +0300, Ebubekir Büyüktosun wrote:
 I want to ask how we should configure primary and/or standby servers in case of need
 to recover the standby server from primary archived WAL segments.

 If it is possible, how primary and/or standby servers must be configured?
 Set "restore_command" on the standby.

When using physical replication and a replication slot still exists in
pg_replication_slots, won't the WAL files "just" accumulate in pg_wal/ until
Pg on the replica is restarted?  (I just tested that, and it seems to work.)
  --
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

İyi çalışmalar
Best Regards

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: Recovering standby from primary archived WAL segments
От: Kumar Rajesh
Сообщение: Not able to connect specific database