Re: pg_restore: error: could not execute query: ERROR: must be member of role "postgres"

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_restore: error: could not execute query: ERROR: must be member of role "postgres"
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 3/21/24 08:15, Cappellano, John (MMA) wrote:
> All,
>
> I am a novice at Postgres (no experience). We have a VM Amazon Postgres
> Instance running v13. I am trying to do a pg_dump from it and restore it
> to Azure PAAS Postgres v11 environment. I keep getting the following error:
>
> pg_restore: error: could not execute query: ERROR: must be member of
> role "postgres"
>
> The DB on the VM:
>
> The DB on Azure PAAS:
>
> I have tried to do a pg_dump with the -O (no owner) but the restore
> still fails with the same error.
>
> I have also tried to change the owner of the Azure DB to postgres but I
> get this error:
>
> First question,
>
> Can I restore a higher version of Postgreg to a lower version?
>
> Can someone help get me past this issue?

Yes, but not on this list.

The appropriate list for this sort of question is:

https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-general/

pgsql-www is for:

"Discussion of development and coordination of the PostgreSQL websites."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Cappellano, John (MMA)"
Сообщение: pg_restore: error: could not execute query: ERROR: must be member of role "postgres"
От: Wolfgang Walther
Сообщение: Wiki editor request