Re: Quoting filename in using facing log messages

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Quoting filename in using facing log messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 13.09.23 13:48, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> Looking at ZQFUGOuS5DU4DsE4@paquier.xyz I noticed that we had a a few instances
> of filenames in userfacing log messages (ie not elog or DEBUGx etc) not being
> quoted, where the vast majority are quoted like \"%s\".  Any reason not to
> quote them as per the attached to be consistent across all log messages?

Since WAL file names have a predictable format, there is less pressure
to quote them to avoid ambiguities.  But in general we should try to be
consistent, so your patch makes sense to me.

От: Amit Kapila
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Quoting filename in using facing log messages