Re: max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked

От Lonni J Friedman
Тема Re: max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Lonni J Friedman <netllama@gmail.com> writes:
>> I have a postgresql 8.1.10 instance running on Linux.  When vacuumdb
>> runs, I see the following in the server log:
>
>> NOTICE:  max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
>> HINT:  You have at least 1000 relations.  Consider increasing the
>> configuration parameter "max_fsm_relations".
>> LOG:  max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
>
>> What is puzzling, is where its getting that 1000 from, as in
>> postgresql.conf, I have:
>> max_fsm_relations = 2000
>
>> I've restarted the server (several times, in fact) since setting
>> max_fsm_relations=2000, so I can't figure out why its still using
>> 1000.  Is there some alternate location that it might be getting set?
>
> Sounds to me like you're editing the wrong config file.  Have you
> checked "show config_file" to see what the postmaster thinks it's
> using?

Oh, and it gets better:

# show max_fsm_relations ;
 max_fsm_relations
 2000
(1 row)

So the log is claiming its set to 1000 even though inside of psql it
shows the correct value.

От: Lonni J Friedman
Сообщение: Re: max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
От: Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Сообщение: Re: max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked