Re: Should vacuum process config file reload more often

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Should vacuum process config file reload more often
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 5 Apr 2023, at 22:19, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:

> The bigger problem seems to
> be everything else -- the way that tuning autovacuum_max_workers kinda
> makes sense (it shouldn't be an interesting tunable)

Not to derail this thread, and pre-empt a thread where this can be discussed in
its own context, but isn't that kind of the main problem?  Tuning autovacuum is
really complicated and one of the parameters that I think universally seem to
make sense to users is just autovacuum_max_workers.  I agree that it doesn't do
what most think it should, but a quick skim of the name and docs can probably
lead to a lot of folks trying to use it as hammer.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Kerberos delegation support in libpq and postgres_fdw
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Should vacuum process config file reload more often