Re: meaning of PQresultStatus types

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: meaning of PQresultStatus types
Дата
Список pgsql-general
jois.de.vivre@gmail.com writes:
> My question is, what constitutes a PGRES_FATAL_ERROR or a
> PGRES_BAD_RESPONSE?

FATAL is probably a bad choice of words here; it basically means any
error condition reported by the server that caused execution of your
query to be abandoned.  NONFATAL_ERROR actually means "notice or
warning message", and isn't a possible return code from PQexec anyway.

I think BAD_RESPONSE is historical at the moment; I don't see it being
generated anywhere in the library.

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Clearing out old idle connections
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PK with an expression in field list