Re: correlated query as a column and where clause

От salah jubeh
Тема Re: correlated query as a column and where clause
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Harald,

Danke ! .  My concern is why I get error undefiend attribute if I used the alias in the where clause

Regards

From: Harald Armin Massa <harald@2ndQuadrant.com>
To: salah jubeh <s_jubeh@yahoo.com>
Cc: pgsql <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Fri, April 15, 2011 5:26:45 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] correlated query as a column and where clause

I am wondering,  why I can not add the following  '  A > 10'  in the where  clause  i.e.   'where nspname !~* 'pg_'  and A > 10'

Select nspname, (SELECT count(*) as count FROM pg_tables where schemaname = nspname) as A
FROM pg_namespace
where nspname !~* 'pg_'

what you are looking for is the having clause

Select nspname, count(1)
 FROM pg_tables
where nspname !~* 'pg_'
group by nspname
having count(1)  >10

best wishes

Harald

--
Harald Armin Massa     www.2ndQuadrant.com
PostgreSQL  Training, Services  and Support

2ndQuadrant Deutschland GmbH
GF: Harald Armin Massa
Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 736399

От: salah jubeh
Сообщение: Re: correlated query as a column and where clause
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: correlated query as a column and where clause