Re: calling function from rule

От Tambet Matiisen
Тема Re: calling function from rule
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

> "Tambet Matiisen" <t.matiisen@aprote.ee> writes:
> > I have a view and update rule on it, which updates another
> table. Now I would like to call a function, after update of
> the table is done. Also the function must be called in the
> same transaction as update. I tried to define an additional
> update rule on the view, but doing a SELECT in update rule
> spoils the affected records count:
>
> Try 7.3, we changed the rules about returned records count.
> http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/ru
> les-status.html

I have 7.3. When rule and action are the same, everything works fine.
Doing an insert in update rule and opposite are OK too. Problem is,
when I do select in insert/update/delete rule. Then the result of
select is returned instead of command status, even if the select
is done in non-instead rule and there is unconditional instead rule.
See the example in my previous mail.
 Tambet

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: calling function from rule
От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: To use a VIEW or not to use a View.....