Re: Expanding the use of FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER for declarations like foo[1]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Expanding the use of FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER for declarations like foo[1]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> And after all those commits attached is a patch changing
> HeapTupleHeaderData, using the following macro to track the size of
> the structure:
> #define SizeofHeapTupleHeader offsetof(HeapTupleHeaderData, t_bits)

I've pushed this with a few minor fixes (mostly, using MAXALIGN where
appropriate to avoid changing the results of planner calculations).

Andres, would you double-check the changes in reorderbuffer.c?
There were some weird calculations with
offsetof(ReorderBufferTupleBuf, data) - offsetof(HeapTupleHeaderData, t_bits)
which Michael simplified in a way that's not 100% equivalent.  I think
it's probably better this way; it looks like the old coding was maybe
wrong, or at least in the habit of misaligning data.  But I might be
misunderstanding.

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE} 2.0