Design suggestion of multiple databases vs multiple schemas within the database

От Swaminathan Saikumar
Тема Design suggestion of multiple databases vs multiple schemas within the database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am building a web app with Postgres, that also uses Drupal with Postgres. I am new to all these frameworks.

There is some data that I'll need to cross-reference between the two databases.

Can I do a cross-schema/catalog join? Or is a cross-database join better?
Are there any gotchas for the cross-schema/cross-database joins that I need to be aware of? Such as when using Shared hosting?

Any suggestions/comments appreciated.

Thanks

От: "Swaminathan Saikumar"
Сообщение: Unicode comment on Postgres vs Sql Server
От: Karl Denninger
Сообщение: 8.2.6 > 8.3 blows up