Re: Patch: update Bonjour support to the newer non-deprecated API

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Patch: update Bonjour support to the newer non-deprecated API
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The source is here:
> http://avahi.sourcearchive.com/documentation/0.6.25-1ubuntu1/avahi-compat-libdns__sd_2compat_8c-source.html

After reading that code, I am content to remain forcibly non compatible
with it.  If we relied on this it would inject threading into the
postmaster, which was precisely the thing that got the previous Avahi
patch rejected last year :-(

Apple's implementation of the same API does not appear to require
any threading:
http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/mDNSResponder/mDNSResponder-176.3/mDNSShared/dnssd_clientstub.c
Hm, seems to be Apache license ...

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Patch: update Bonjour support to the newer non-deprecated API
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Patch: update Bonjour support to the newer non-deprecated API