Re: CALL versus procedures with output-only arguments

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CALL versus procedures with output-only arguments
Дата
Re: CALL versus procedures with output-only arguments  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: CALL versus procedures with output-only arguments  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> I think we ought to fix this so that OUT-only arguments are ignored
> when calling from SQL not plpgsql.

I'm working on a patch to make it act that way.  I've got some issues
yet to fix with named arguments (which seem rather undertested BTW,
since the patch is passing check-world even though I know it will
crash instantly on cases with CALL+named-args+out-only-args).

Before I spend too much time on it though, I wanted to mention that
it includes undoing 2453ea142's decision to include OUT arguments
in pg_proc.proargtypes for procedures (but not for any other kind of
routine).  I thought that was a terrible decision and I'm very happy
to revert it, but is anyone likely to complain loudly?

От: Nitin Jadhav
Сообщение: Re: Removed extra memory allocations from create_list_bounds
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Force disable of SSL renegociation in the server