Re: SQL function parse error ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SQL function parse error ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> ... I still
> would like to see answered is whether oracle or others support >$ as an
> operator, or if the sql spec has anything to say on the matter.

The SQL spec does not have the concept of user-definable operators at
all, so it provides no useful guidance about the set of characters that
ought to be allowed in operator names (except, obviously, that we must
include every character actually used in a SQL-standard operator).

Oracle reportedly treats $ as an identifier character, so I don't think
they could consider it an operator character.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: SQL function parse error ?
От: dev@archonet.com
Сообщение: Re: Table Design Questions