Re: Deprecation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Deprecation
Дата
Re: Deprecation
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> We have some really silly legacy stuff in PostgreSQL, the silliest of
> which, as far as I've found, is the add_missing_from GUC.

Considering that we just had a discussion about a significant
application that's still using it, I'm not sure what's your hurry.
Is your intent specifically to break OpenACS in hopes of getting
their attention?  If so, you need to be a bit more up-front about that.

(I would actually not mind getting rid of it, because that would greatly
simplify a problem I'm wrestling with right now, namely how to put hooks
into the parser for resolution of plpgsql variables.  But we need to be
honest about what it's going to do to users.)

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: Rejecting weak passwords
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Reworks for Access Control facilities (r2363)