Re: I can't seem to put the right combination of magic into the pg_hba and pg_ident files.

От Tim Uckun
Тема Re: I can't seem to put the right combination of magic into the pg_hba and pg_ident files.
Дата
Re: I can't seem to put the right combination of magic into the pg_hba and pg_ident files.  ("Daniel Verite" <daniel@manitou-mail.org>)
Список pgsql-general
> I suspect you are expecting that the map will cause root to be
> logged in as postgres without asking for that.  It won't.
> What it will do is allow "psql -U postgres" and similar to work.

That's exactly what I am looking to do. In my case I have a script
that runs as root. I want to log in as postgres user from that script
but the script is running as root.

The way I have it set up doesn't permit that. I want to know what I
need to do in order to make that happen.

> BTW, one has to wonder why you are using the root account for this
> work in the first place.  Wouldn't it be a lot more secure to use
> a less privileged account (oh, I don't know, maybe postgres)?

This script is a part of the initial setup script for the server. It
has to run as root because when it starts running postgres is not
installed and there is no postgres user.

От: Chris
Сообщение: Re: question about using pgmemcache
От: Jukka Inkeri
Сообщение: Re: Problem to use remote cygwin server using ssh and native psql 8.3.5