Re: The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country.

От felix.quintgz@yahoo.com
Тема Re: The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The link https://www.postgresql.org/download/ in the PostgreSQL Downloads section, Windows, redirects to the page
https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/.There are only two links in it and both redirect to the EnterpriseDB site.
Atno time is it clarified that it is a third party, even the link is outside the third party section.

On the page https://www.postgresql.org/download/ there are only two more sections, the source code and third parties.
Thereforethe official source for downloading the installer is the link I put, I checked all the links on the site and
nowhereis it offered to download the installer from the PostgreSQL site itself.

The use of vpn is not legal in some countries, it is an option that can get me in trouble. The only option I have left
isto search for a link in google and download it from some dubious source.

 On Sunday, April 11, 2021, 05:54:00 AM GMT-4, Stephan Knauss <pgsql@stephans-server.de> wrote:

 Hello Felix,

On 11.04.2021 02:31, felix.quintgz@yahoo.com wrote:
> I see no reason why ask elsewhere first, the link for the installer download is on the Postgresql website, not
elsewhere.The most logical thing to do is ask here first.

> Because it is the Postgresql installer. https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads

It's unfortunate that your download is blocked. As indicated by others I
am also wondering why you ask here for community support.

You pointed to a download link which is controlled by a private company
selling Postgresql services:

Read about this company on an independent website:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EnterpriseDB

If you are looking for the download links of the PostgreSQL project, you
can find it here:

https://www.postgresql.org/download/

Based on your feedback, it is NOT the link listed on the PostgreSQL
website, but on a 3rd party website. This is why you got the
recommendation to check with them. You also got hints on how you could
potentially work around the download restriction by using a VPN.

Stephan

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country.
От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country.