Re: Granting SET and ALTER SYSTE privileges for GUCs

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Granting SET and ALTER SYSTE privileges for GUCs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 16.03.22 19:59, Mark Dilger wrote:
> Informally, we often use "GUC" on this list, but that isn't used formally, leaving "configuration parameter" and
"setting"as the two obvious choices.  I preferred "configuration parameter" originally and was argued out of it.  My
takeon "setting" was also that it more naturally refers to the choice of setting, not the thing being set, such that
"work_mem= 8192" means the configuration parameter "work_mem" has the setting "8192".

"The current setting of the work_mem parameter is 8192."

I think something based on "parameter" is good.  We also use that
language in the protocol (e.g., ParameterStatus).

От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: XID formatting and SLRU refactorings (was: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15)
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Granting SET and ALTER SYSTE privileges for GUCs