Re: issue with meson builds on msys2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: issue with meson builds on msys2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> If I redirect the output to a file (which is what the buildfarm client
> actually does), it seems like it completes successfully, but I still get
> a non-zero exit:

> pgrunner@EC2AMAZ-GCB871B UCRT64 ~/bf
> $ /usr/bin/perl -e 'chdir "root/HEAD/instkeep.2023-04-25_11-09-41";
> system("bin/pg_ctl -D data-C -l logfile stop > stoplog 2>&1") ; print
> "BANG\n" if $?; '
> BANG

> pgrunner@EC2AMAZ-GCB871B UCRT64 ~/bf
> $ cat root/HEAD/instkeep.2023-04-25_11-09-41/stoplog
> waiting for server to shut down.... done
> server stopped

Thats ... just wacko.  do_stop() emits "waiting for server to shut
down...", "done", and "server stopped" in the same way (via print_msg).
How is it that all three messages show up in one context but not the
other?  Could wait_for_postmaster_stop or get_pgpid be bollixing the
stdout channel somehow?  Try redirecting stdout and stderr separately
to see if that proves anything.

> It seems more than odd that we get to where the "server stopped" massage
> is printed but we get a failure.

Indeed, that's even weirder.  do_stop() returns directly to the
exit(0) in main().

От: Dimos Stamatakis
Сообщение: Re: Fix for visibility check on 14.5 fails on tpcc with high concurrency
От: "Drouvot, Bertrand"
Сообщение: Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation