Re: Large Database \d: ERROR: cache lookup failed for relation ...

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: Large Database \d: ERROR: cache lookup failed for relation ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Thomas F. O'Connell" <tf ( at ) o ( dot ) ptimized ( dot ) com> writes:
> I'm dealing with a database where there are ~150,000 rows in
> information_schema.tables. I just tried to do a \d, and it came back
> with this:

> ERROR: cache lookup failed for relation [oid]

> Is this indicative of corruption, or is it possibly a resource issue?
Greetings,

This message is a follow-up to Thomas's message quoted above (we're working together on the same database). He received one response when he sent the above message which was from Tom Lane and can be easily summarized as him having said that that could happen tables were being created or dropped while running the \d in psql. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case, we have now determined that there is some corruption in our database and we are hoping some of you back-end gurus might have some suggestions.

How we verified that there is corruption was simply to reindex all of our tables in addition to getting the same errors when running a dump this past weekend.  We so far have a list of five tables for which reindex fails with the error: "ERROR: could not open relation with OID xxxx" (sub xxxx with the five different #s). After dropping all of the indexes on these tables (a couple didn't have any to begin with), we still cannot run reindex on them. In addition, we can't drop the tables either. We can however run alter table statements on them. So, we have scheduled a downtime for an evening later this week wherein we plan on bringing the database down for a REINDEX SYSTEM. Is there anything else anyone can think of that we can do to narrow down where the actual corruption is or how to fix it?

--
Erik Jones
mage2k@gmail.com

От: ivan.hou@msa.hinet.net
Сообщение: Auto Vacuum question?
От: Lew
Сообщение: Re: NULLS and User Input WAS Re: multimaster