Re: [HACKERS] logical replication and PANIC during shutdowncheckpoint in publisher

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] logical replication and PANIC during shutdowncheckpoint in publisher
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/2/17 03:11, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> logical decoding can theoretically
> do HOT pruning (even if the chance is really small) so it's not safe to
> start logical replication either.

This seems a bit impossible to resolve.  On the one hand, we want to
allow streaming until after the shutdown checkpoint.  On the other hand,
streaming itself might produce new WAL.

Can we prevent HOT pruning during logical decoding?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Regarding B-Tree Lookup
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Shared Memory hash tables only at startup