Re: Pg-Upgrade standbys via rsync... and avoid sending UNlogged data?

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: Pg-Upgrade standbys via rsync... and avoid sending UNlogged data?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> * Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
>
>> > I have among others, a 5TB system  w/about 40G of unlogged data.
>>
>> Honestly, sending an extra 40G out of 5TB (we're talking less than 1%
>> here...) might be worth it to keep the process simple.
>
> Of course, I realize right after sending this that you aren't sending
> the 5TB. :)

Roger that!  Really, the hard link pg-upgrade option and rsync method
for standbys is pure beauty :-)

We have only the post-analyze and this unlogged data  problem to deal
with.

The warehouse is our only system with any substantial amount of unlogged
data.

Reducing post-analyze delay was solved by me here with our groovy
threaded AnalyzMaTron.  I can get a >5TB system done in about 45 minutes
w/20 threads.

Thanks!

--
Jerry Sievers
e: jerry.sievers@comcast.net

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Pg-Upgrade standbys via rsync... and avoid sending UNlogged data?
От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: if anyone is running slony, I have a trivial question