Re: Warts with SELECT DISTINCT

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Warts with SELECT DISTINCT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Thanks for pointing that out. I should have realized that this was the same
> (or at least close to) issue I was thinking would be a problem initially, but
> then I started thinking that '=' promised more than it did and assumed that
> x = y implies foo(x) = foo(y), which as you point out isn't always true.

Hm. This goes back to the earlier conversation about whether = should ever be
true for two objects that aren't, well, equal. I thought there was some
consensus at the time that sorting should impose a superficial ordering on
items that compare equal but aren't in fact the same.

--
greg

От: Rod Taylor
Сообщение: Re: autovacuum logging, part deux.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Semi-undocumented functions in libpq