Re: Why can't I have a "language sql" anonymous block?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why can't I have a "language sql" anonymous block?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bryn Llewellyn <bryn@yugabyte.com> writes:
> Was there a deliberate decision not to allow a “language sql” anonymous block? Or is it just that nobody thought that
itwould be useful?

I think nobody thought it'd be useful.  What's the difference from
just executing the contained SQL statements?

(If DO blocks had parameters, the conclusion might be different,
but they don't so far.)

От: Bryn Llewellyn
Сообщение: Why can't I have a "language sql" anonymous block?
От: Matt Magoffin
Сообщение: Properly handling aggregate in nested function call