Re: pgsql: Avoid improbable PANIC during heap_update.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Avoid improbable PANIC during heap_update.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> I think that the heap_delete() issue is probably in all PG versions.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of ...

> I am not aware of any reason why we should need the heap_update()
> fixes to be backpatched any further.

How so?  AFAICS these are exactly the same oversight, ie failure
to deal with the all-visible bit getting set partway through the
operation.  You've explained how that can happen.

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Avoid improbable PANIC during heap_update.
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Avoid improbable PANIC during heap_update.