Re: Does PostgreSQL support multi-instancing?

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Does PostgreSQL support multi-instancing?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
After a long battle with technology, "Bill" <postgresql@dbginc.com>, an earthling, wrote:
> Is is possible to have two different versions of PostgreSQL running on
> the same computer at the same time?

Certainly.

You need separate binaries, separate data directories, separate port
configuration.

If you're up to compiling PostgreSQL from source, it's quite
straightforward to do this.  If not, you may find this sort of thing
somewhat more challenging...
--
"cbbrowne","@","gmail.com"
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/nonrdbms.html

От: "Bill"
Сообщение: Re: Can PostgreSQL notify a client that a trigger has fired?
От: Craig White
Сообщение: authentication question