Re: which dual-CPU hardware/OS is fastest for PostgreSQL?

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: which dual-CPU hardware/OS is fastest for PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Rosser Schwarz <rosser.schwarz@gmail.com> writes:

> Try also the Appro 1U 4-way Opteron server, at:
> http://www.appro.com/product/server_1142h.asp

Back in the day, we used to have problems with our 1U dual pentiums. We
attributed it to heat accelerating failure. I would fear four opterons in 1U
would be damned hard to cool effectively, no?

--
greg

От: Alex Turner
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle vs. Microsoft
От: Alex Turner
Сообщение: Re: which dual-CPU hardware/OS is fastest for PostgreSQL?