Re: [ADMIN] does wal archiving block the current client

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [ADMIN] does wal archiving block the current client
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> My recent patch will prevent server startup, so if you do a fast restart
> to bounce the server and change parameters you'll have to keep the
> server down while the archiver completes (or you kill it).

BTW, I was not planning on having it do that.  The archiver subprocess
should fail to start (and the PM keep trying to start it).  Not take
down the entire database.

От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition