Re: GUI Interface

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: GUI Interface
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Also most DBAs are not hard core OSS programmers and anyone coming
> from a commercial system is more than likely used to running the
> admin tools on windows.

We have a whole department of DBAs, *none* of whom have Microsoft on
their desktops.

Further, the Big, Important Systems that we administer consciously
hide behind firewalls such that the user interface Shall Be Usable Via
SSH.

Purty graphical tools just don't appear on our radar as being
interesting.

Any times I have been involved with Oracle or Informix, much the same
has been true: telnet/ssh has been the conduit to the user interface,
which leaves graphical tools pretty useless...

> Before there was even a windows version many many people accessed
> Postgresql from windows, I know I did.

I know I didn't, which ought to be a legitimate counterexample.
--
output = reverse("moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/x.html

От: Tim Allen
Сообщение: Re: Announce: GPL Framework centered on Postgres
От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Contributing code