Re: TOAST not working

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: TOAST not working
Дата
Re: TOAST not working
Список pgsql-general
Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when listman@elkenserver.net (list_man) would write:
> Can someone tell me if I have to 'enable' TOAST on columns to have  it
> kick in. According to my research, numeric data types are toastable.

TOAST is only used on individual columns that exceed 8K in size.

The only way you'll be TOASTing numeric columns is if they are
individually defined to occupy > 8192 bytes.

Those are *BIG* numeric values; perhaps you're misunderstanding the
intent of TOAST...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="gmail.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html

От: Christopher Browne
Сообщение: Re: TOAST not working
От: "Yavuz Kavus"
Сообщение: are there static variables in pgsql?