Re: Slow PITR restore

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Slow PITR restore
Дата
Re: Slow PITR restore  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-general

> Wow, o.k. well it is something we (the community) really should look at for
> 8.4. I am surprised that it is slower than just walking through the xlogs on
> recovery. I am sure there is a reason just surprised.

Well in the worst case it has to do nearly as much work as the original
database did. And it only gets to use 1 cpu so it can only have one i/o
request pending.

bgwriter is started already when doing recovery, right? Perhaps things could
be helped by telling bgwriter to behave differently during recovery.

--
  Gregory Stark

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Killing a session in windows
От: Florian Aumeier
Сообщение: Re: thesaurus support in postgresql