Re: bug fix request

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: bug fix request
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Disable tab completion, or don't paste tabs.  I don't think psql can be
> expected to recognize that a tab is coming from pasted input.

Hm, this also bother me all the time. It doesn't sound like it would be very
hard to detect pasted tabs actually. Two options come to mind:

. If there's any input available it's probably not a typed tab since typists usually can't type fast enough to out type
theterminal emulator, and even if they could typing tab for command completion and then going ahead and typing the next
characterimmediately would reasonably cancel the tab completion.

. Pasted tabs are normally at the start of a line for indentation. Simply ignoring tab completion after white-space,
ie,unbounded tab completion on an empty token, would eliminate 99.9% of the problem.

--
greg

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Stopgap solution for table-size-estimate updatingproblem
От: Gaetano Mendola
Сообщение: Re: Documentation on PITR still scarce