Re: Combination of Triggers and self-FKs produces inconsistent data

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Combination of Triggers and self-FKs produces inconsistent data
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> It doesn't say that, because it isn't true.  What is true is that if you
> make a trigger that prevents updates from happening, it breaks RI
> updates as well as directly-user-initiated updates.

Can we detect that this happened and throw an error? I suspect not, though,
since we have no way to actually determine whether the user trigger didn't do
something else equivalent.

--
  Gregory Stark

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Combination of Triggers and self-FKs produces inconsistent data
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Combination of Triggers and self-FKs produces inconsistent data