Re: Two aesthetic bugs in the 1-byte packed varlena code

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Two aesthetic bugs in the 1-byte packed varlena code
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> Why do we even have those fields in the structs if they're unsafe to use?
>
> 1. genbki.sh

But genbki.sh wouldn't care if we #if 0 around the unsafe ones would it?

> 2. As you note, they're not always unsafe to use.

Well, it seems like it would be nice to mark which ones are and aren't unsafe
rather than have them all be there waiting to trip people up.

--
  Gregory Stark

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Two aesthetic bugs in the 1-byte packed varlena code
От: Satoshi Nagayasu
Сообщение: trace_checkpoint parameter patch