Re: RE : Re: database design ...

От Jorge Godoy
Тема Re: RE : Re: database design ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Shane Ambler <pgsql@007Marketing.com> writes:

> I have only had a little exposure to barcode scanners - the one that a client
> used just behaved as a keyboard, so there was no programming to support it,

Besides this model there are also models that plug into the serial port and
also USB ports.  For both, the USB and keyboard models you don't have to
worry.  For the serial one you'll have to write code to read the value and
pass it to your application.

I recommend that you specify the USB model when buying: notebooks doesn't come
with external keyboard ports or serial ports anymore so if for some reason you
need to test it with yours or take the reader to somewhere you might have
problems with it.

> you simple click in the field you want to enter into and the scanner types in
> the barcode number for you.

The better if the app puts the cursor on the correct field...

Also remember that barcode readers can be programmed to "press" TAB / ENTER
after reading.  If you're on a web application this might submit the form
instantaneously so take care with that.  Most of them come with a default to
"press" ENTER after reading the barcode.

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>

От: "Florian G. Pflug"
Сообщение: Recovering deleted or updated rows
От: "Marcin Mank"
Сообщение: Re: Recovering deleted or updated rows