Re: Add checkpoint/redo LSNs to recovery errors.

От David Steele
Тема Re: Add checkpoint/redo LSNs to recovery errors.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/29/24 16:42, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 29, 2024 at 10:53:15AM +1300, David Steele wrote:
>> This patch adds checkpoint/redo LSNs to recovery error messages where they
>> may be useful for debugging.
>
> I've scanned a bit xlogrecovery.c, and I have spotted a couple of that
> could gain more information.
>
>      ereport(PANIC,
>              (errmsg("invalid redo record in shutdown checkpoint")));
> [...]
>      ereport(PANIC,
>              (errmsg("invalid redo in checkpoint record")));
> These two could mention CheckPointLoc and checkPoint.redo.
>
>      ereport(PANIC,
>              (errmsg("invalid next transaction ID")));
> Perhaps some XID information could be added here?
>
>      ereport(FATAL,
>              (errmsg("WAL ends before consistent recovery point")));
> [...]
>      ereport(FATAL,
>              (errmsg("WAL ends before end of online backup"),
>
> These two are in xlog.c, and don't mention backupStartPoint for the
> first one.  Perhaps there's a point in adding some information about
> EndOfLog and LocalMinRecoveryPoint as well?

For now I'd like to just focus on these three messages that are related
to a missing backup_label or a misconfiguration of restore_command when
backup_label is present.

No doubt there are many other recovery log messages that could be
improved, but I'd rather not bog down the patch.

Regards,
-David

От: David Steele
Сообщение: Re: Add recovery to pg_control and remove backup_label
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: Failures in constraints regression test, "read only 0 of 8192 bytes"