Re: List all tables from a specific database

От Flaviu2
Тема Re: List all tables from a specific database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks a lot.

Maybe I am not far from a solving solution. So, if I create a database, lets say (SQL script):

CREATE database mydb3;

How can I create a table under mydb3 ? Because, if I run:

SELECT relname FROM pg_class WHERE relkind = 'r';

Got me all tables, but I don't know the database under were created.

Flaviu.

On Friday, January 14, 2022, 02:08:22 PM GMT+2, Thomas Boussekey <thomas.boussekey@gmail.com> wrote:

Le ven. 14 janv. 2022 à 12:04, Ray O'Donnell <ray@rodonnell.ie> a écrit :
On 14/01/2022 10:39, Flaviu2 wrote:
> I work on a project that use Postgre SQL, and I have 0 experience in
> this regard. I hope to get help here. I need two SQL scripts for Postgre:
>
> 1. Get all databases, which I aquired already:
>
> *SELECT datname FROM pg_database WHERE datistemplate = false*
>
> This one is functional, it's ok.
>
> 2. Now, I need to find all tables *under a specific* database. This one
> I don't know how to achieve it. Can you help me here ? It is possible ?

If it's any help, running psql with the -E switch will show you the SQL
which psql generates... so then (within psql) issuing the \dt command to
list tables will show you the SQL used.

Ray.

Hello,
You can use this SQL command to view all the standard table (known as relations):

SELECT relname FROM pg_class WHERE relkind = 'r';

And this one for partitioned tables (if you use them):

SELECT relname FROM pg_class WHERE relkind = 'p';

HTH,
Thomas

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland
ray@rodonnell.ie

От: Thomas Boussekey
Сообщение: Re: List all tables from a specific database
От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: List all tables from a specific database