Re: Slightly OT.

От Alexander Staubo
Тема Re: Slightly OT.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/2/07, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> Here is some work going on that looks like what you want:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-03/msg00050.php

I had no idea someone was working on WAL-log-based replication; I saw
the TODO entry a while ago, but I missed the thread. I think WAL
replication is a beautiful idea, so I'll gladly throw my support
behind this. Thanks for the pointer.

> You might also seriously consider PgPool-II.

pgpool-II seems like a decent idea. I'm not sure if the partitioning
can support referential integrity though -- would they have to be
declared as CHECK constraints that used dblink()?

Also, it doesn't seem capable of planning a query intelligently, which
means that a query such as "select * from foo where id = 123" is going
to be aggregated across all nodes even though only one node has the
partition covering the id range [0, 1000], say.

Alexander.

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: One last Slony question (was Re: Slightly OT.)
От: Ron Johnson
Сообщение: Re: One last Slony question (was Re: Slightly OT.)