Re: Cleaning up the books page

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Cleaning up the books page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> On 17 Jul 2023, at 13:26, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 1:23 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

>>> I don't object to your cleanups, but would it make more sense to move
>>> the book listing to the pgweb database instead?
>>
>> I think that would make a lot of sense, and is a good next step once the data
>> (and markup) is reasonably clean.  Even better if we can make it such that new
>> books are submitted to the backend with moderator approval like
>> announce/organizations, but I don't know Django well enough to know how much
>> work that would be.
>
> We've looked at that before, and the thing that's usually made us say
> no in the end is handling of the images. It's not all that hard to do,
> but it is a threshold, and we don't have a lot of updates in the big
> scheme of things...

Now that you mention it, I think I've heard that before when this was discussed
last.  We could however add a blurb to the top of the page with instructions
how to submit and include a link to pgsql-www.  Right now it's not obvious how
to get listed there, which clearly isn't helpful.

> (And for the archeologist, there is an open ticket
> since 2011 to do it, in the nobody-ever-views-it pgweb tracker)

Odd, I've heard that bugtrackers magically make all things better</sarcasm>

--
Daniel Gustafsson

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Cleaning up the books page
От: Célestin Matte
Сообщение: Re: pgarchives: Bug report + Patches: loader can't handle message in multiple lists