Re: Hooking into ExplainOneQuery() complicated by missing standard_ExplainOneQuery

От Andrei Lepikhov
Тема Re: Hooking into ExplainOneQuery() complicated by missing standard_ExplainOneQuery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/3/2024 06:25, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Just to elaborate: the intention was to allow a section to be added to
>> every node in the plan containing information from further down and also
>> allow this information to propagate upwards. We happen to have buffer
>> information right now, but allowing something similar to be added
>> dynamically by extending ExplainNode and passing down a callback to
>> standard_ExplainOneQuery.
>
> Or an extra hook at the end of ExplainNode() to be able to append more
> information at node level?  Not sure if others would agree with that,
> though.

We already discussed EXPLAIN hooks, at least in [1]. IMO, extensions
should have a chance to add something to the node explain and the
summary, if only because they can significantly influence the planner
and executor's behaviour.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/6cd5caa7-06e1-4460-bf35-00a59da3f677%40garret.ru

--
regards,
Andrei Lepikhov

От: wenhui qiu
Сообщение: Re: Support "Right Semi Join" plan shapes
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: CREATE DATABASE with filesystem cloning