Re: Pg_ctl with postmaster -i option

От Ian Lea
Тема Re: Pg_ctl with postmaster -i option
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
From $ man postmaster

       -i     Allows remote clients to connect via  TCP/IP  (Internet  domain)
              connections.  Without  this  option,  only local connections are
              accepted. This option is equivalent to setting  listen_addresses
              to * in postgresql.conf or via -h.

              This  option is deprecated since it does not allow access to the
              full functionality of listen_addresses.  It's usually better  to
              set listen_addresses directly.

And you will need to set up pg_hba.conf as well, as Renato says.  But
maybe more restrictive.

--
Ian.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Renato Oliveira
<renato.oliveira@grant.co.uk> wrote:
> If I understood correctly what you want is to allow remote users or clients to connect to your postgresql server
>
> I believe this is controlled by "pg_hba.conf"
> Add a line similar to:
> host    all         all         192.168.10.0/24       trust
>
> Renato
>

> Renato Oliveira
> Systems Administrator
> e-mail: renato.oliveira@grant.co.uk
>
> Tel: +44 (0)1763 260811
> Fax: +44 (0)1763 262410
> http://www.grant.co.uk/
>
> Grant Instruments (Cambridge) Ltd
>
> Company registered in England, registration number 658133
>
> Registered office address:
> 29 Station Road,
> Shepreth,
> CAMBS SG8 6GB
> UK

Iwant postmaster allows remote user to connect to the PostgreSQL server.

От: Renato Oliveira
Сообщение: Re: Pg_ctl with postmaster -i option
От: Renato Oliveira
Сообщение: PITR clarification to certain points