Re: update problem in partitioned tables

От Josh Harrison
Тема Re: update problem in partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks. Check this website that talk abt the approach that I had mentioned
http://blogs.ittoolbox.com//oracle/guide/archives/comparing-partitioned-tables-in-oracle-and-enterprisedbpostgresql-13261

I also tried your method (triggers on the child table) and it gives the same error too.

Josh

On 9/12/07, Tom Lane < tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Josh Harrison" < joshques@gmail.com> writes:
> Now I create this function to redirect the inserts  and updates on the
> master table.

Uh ... there never will be any updates in the master table, since it
hasn't got any entries.

What you'd need is an insert trigger on the master and update triggers
on each child table.  I think the logic of this trigger is wrong for
the update case anyway.

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: problems with large table
От: "Jay Dickon Glanville"
Сообщение: Re: Event-driven programming?