Re: Replication using WAL files

От Josh Harrison
Тема Re: Replication using WAL files
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 12/7/07, Josh Harrison < joshques@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have 2 servers on which I need to have data replicated. The master server
> should serve for read/write queries and the 2nd server is used mainly for
> research queries(read-only queries) and so it doesn't have to be up-to-date.
> Is it possible to implement this thro' WAL shipping?

No. At the moment [1] the WAL shipping system does not permit you to
query the slave. There are a few options:

 http://pgfoundry.org/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=replication&Search=Search

As well as this:

 http://bucardo.org/

[1] But someone is working on this for 8.4. Don't hold your breath, though.

Thanks for the info. Just to clarify, So at the moment for WAL shipping to work the 2nd server should  only be a stand-by server and not a slave(cannot be queried) ?
In your experience, which other replication system (slony,pgpool etc) is better suited for my requirement?

Thanks again
josh

От: Ron St-Pierre
Сообщение: Re: how to redirect output to a file
От: Colin Wetherbee
Сообщение: Re: SQL design pattern for a delta trigger?