Re: making the backend's json parser work in frontend code

От David Steele
Тема Re: making the backend's json parser work in frontend code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/24/20 10:00 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2020-Jan-24, David Steele wrote:
>
>> It might be nice to have a strict mode where non-ASCII/UTF8 characters will
>> error instead, but that can be added on later.
>
> "your backup failed because you have a file we don't like" is not great
> behavior.  IIRC we already fail when a file is owned by root (or maybe
> unreadable and owned by root), and it messes up severely when people
> edit postgresql.conf as root.  Let's not add more cases of that sort.

My intention was that the strict mode would not be the default, so I
don't see why it would be a big issue.

> Maybe we can get away with *ignoring* such files, perhaps after emitting
> a warning.

I'd prefer an an error (or base64 encoding) rather than just skipping a
file.  The latter sounds scary.

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

От: Maciek Sakrejda
Сообщение: Re: Duplicate Workers entries in some EXPLAIN plans
От: Mark Dilger
Сообщение: Re: making the backend's json parser work in frontend code