Re: Restore problem

От Trevor Talbot
Тема Re: Restore problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/10/07, Keith Turner <kturner@cloudsystems.com> wrote:

> We are running 8.1 on Windows 2003 server and have had a server crash
> over the weekend. A virus is suspected - we maintain an app server on
> someone else's network, though we do have anti-virus running, the
> symptoms were worrying - so we had to wipe and reinstall the OS and all
> programs. We had recovered the 8.1 folder and the data off the crashed
> computer prior to the wipe, but the last good .backup file is a few days
> older than that.
>
> Are there step by step instructions on restoring from the folder itself
> instead of a backup file? Is it even possible?

I would try installing 8.1 again, stop the service, _copy_ your data
and config over the top of it, then start it again and see what
happens. Any problems with that should show up immediately in the
logs.

And if all else fails, you can just nuke the attempt and restore from
the older backups.

От: "A. Kretschmer"
Сообщение: Re: Restore problem
От: "Trevor Talbot"
Сообщение: Re: SQL design pattern for a delta trigger?