Re: Hijack!

От Trevor Talbot
Тема Re: Hijack!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/11/07, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 06:48:35 -0800
> "Keith Turner" <kturner@cloudsystems.com> wrote:

> > I apologize; I had assumed that the threads were simply grouped by
> > subject. If this is such a problem, probably it should be laid out on
> > the list information page, otherwise how is anyone to know?

> Because it is standard practice on the internet to have lists-headers?
> And that is how every standard mail client deals with it?

FWIW, this is becoming less true in terms of common clients. Google
Mail, for instance, groups primarily by subject. I find it irritating,
but it's still a more convenient interface than my other clients for
working with mailing lists.

The point here is that a lot of people are going to be used to dealing
with these other clients that mostly ignore the list headers, so it's
less likely to be common knowledge.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: RETURNING clause: how to specifiy column indexes?
От: "Trevor Talbot"
Сообщение: Re: Hijack!