Re: Can Pg somehow recognize/honor linux groups to control useraccess ?

От Dimitri Maziuk
Тема Re: Can Pg somehow recognize/honor linux groups to control useraccess ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/22/2018 12:54 PM, Ravi Krishna wrote:

>> How is that different from giving your grants to a database role and
>> just telling the new user the name and password of that role to connect as?
>
> Well here I have to do some work, with the groups approach, it is outsourced to devops.  Secondly when you take into
accountAD, the user does not have to remember his password for db login.  It is same as AD.

So it seems to me that the feature may be worth adding is to fetch the
password, *as well as "ldapsearchattribute"* from LDAP:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/auth-methods.html#AUTH-LDAP

You should be able to get the role name from AD already, but the
password they still have to remember.

Although I still don't see this really working for anything more
complicated than one database and no user in more than one group.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin

От: Dimitri Maziuk
Сообщение: Re: Can Pg somehow recognize/honor linux groups to control useraccess ?
От: Tim Cross
Сообщение: Re: Can Pg somehow recognize/honor linux groups to control user access ?