Re: new function for tsquery creartion

От Dmitry Ivanov
Тема Re: new function for tsquery creartion
Дата
Re: new function for tsquery creartion
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi everyone,

I'd like to share some intermediate results. Here's what has changed:

1. OR operator is now case-insensitive. Moreover, trailing whitespace is
no longer used to identify it:

select websearch_to_tsquery('simple', 'abc or');
  websearch_to_tsquery
----------------------
  'abc' & 'or'
(1 row)

select websearch_to_tsquery('simple', 'abc or(def)');
  websearch_to_tsquery
----------------------
  'abc' | 'def'
(1 row)

select websearch_to_tsquery('simple', 'abc or!def');
  websearch_to_tsquery
----------------------
  'abc' | 'def'
(1 row)

2. AROUND(N) has been dropped. I hope that <N, M> operator will allow us
to implement it with a few lines of code.

3. websearch_to_tsquery() now tolerates various syntax errors, for
instance:

Misused operators:

'abc &'
'| abc'
'<- def'

Missing parentheses:

'abc & (def <-> (cat or rat'

Other sorts of nonsense:

'abc &--|| def'  =>  'abc' & !!'def'
'abc:def'  =>  'abc':D & 'ef'

This, however, doesn't mean that the result will always be adequate (who
would have thought?). Overall, current implementation follows the GIGO
principle. In theory, this would allow us to use user-supplied websearch
strings (but see gotchas), even if they don't make much sense. Better
then nothing, right?

4. A small refactoring: I've replaced all WAIT* macros with a enum for
better debugging (names look much nicer in GDB). Hope this is
acceptable.

5. Finally, I've added a few more comments and tests. I haven't checked
the code coverage, though.

A few gotchas:

I haven't touched gettoken_tsvector() yet. As a result, the following
queries produce errors:

select websearch_to_tsquery('simple', '''');
ERROR:  syntax error in tsquery: "'"

select websearch_to_tsquery('simple', '\');
ERROR:  there is no escaped character: "\"

Maybe there's more. The question is: should we fix those, or it's fine
as it is? I don't have a strong opinion about this.

--
Dmitry Ivanov
The Russian Postgres Company

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Undesirable entries in typedefs list
От: Chapman Flack
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] AdvanceXLInsertBuffer vs. WAL segment compressibility