Re: PostgreSQL - unrecognized win32 error code: 38

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL - unrecognized win32 error code: 38
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 11:02:26AM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> Not sure how that can be answered without knowing what ComputeComputer is
>> doing?

> Yes, there is nothing of this kind in the PostgreSQL code.

Sure there is: win32error.c produces exactly that message if its
mapping table has no entry for the Windows error code.

According to

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/debug/system-error-codes--0-499-?redirectedfrom=MSDN

code 38 decimal is ERROR_HANDLE_EOF, "Reached the end of the file.",
which indeed is not in the doserrors[] table.

But that just deepens the mystery --- if we hit an EOF, why wasn't
that handled through more-normal channels?  We still need to know
what that function was trying to do, and whether any non-core
C code was involved.

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL - unrecognized win32 error code: 38
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Installation problem.