Transactions per second

От Jim Nasby
Тема Transactions per second
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I often find myself wanting to know how many transactions per second
a database is committing to disk, as well as how many queries per
second it's processing. While Larry's busy making stats changes, I'd
like to propose a few more counters:

Number of commits: Ideally, this would only count transactions that
actually modify data
Number of statements: Simply, how many statements have been executed
Number of DML statements: how many insert/update/delete statements
executed.

For the last two, it would be ideal if they counted statements that
were executed inside of a function.

Having these counters would make it easier to determine what kind of
workload a server is actually handling. It's currently possible to
determine transactions over a time period, but the process is rather
convoluted and doesn't differentiate between transactions that modify
data and those that don't.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Altering view ownership doesn't work ...
От: "William ZHANG"
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Build with Visual Studio & MSVC