Re: BUG #16925: ERROR: invalid DSA memory alloc request size 1073741824 CONTEXT: parallel worker

От Andrei Lepikhov
Тема Re: BUG #16925: ERROR: invalid DSA memory alloc request size 1073741824 CONTEXT: parallel worker
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 18/3/2021 16:21, Thomas Munro wrote:
> ===8<===
> shared_buffers=2GB
> fsync=off
> max_wal_size=10GB
> min_dynamic_shared_memory=2GB
> ===8<===
> create table bigger_than_it_looks as
>    select generate_series(1, 256000000) as id;
> alter table bigger_than_it_looks set (autovacuum_enabled = 'false');
> alter table bigger_than_it_looks set (parallel_workers = 1);
> analyze bigger_than_it_looks;
> update pg_class set reltuples = 5000000 where relname = 'bigger_than_it_looks';
> ===8<===
> postgres=# set work_mem = '4.5GB';
> SET
> postgres=# explain analyze select count(*) from bigger_than_it_looks
> t1 join bigger_than_it_looks t2 using (id);
> ERROR:  invalid DSA memory alloc request size 1073741824
> CONTEXT:  parallel worker
> ===8<===

This bug still annoyingly interrupts the queries of some clients. Maybe
complete this work?
It is stable and reproduces on all PG versions. The case:
work_mem = '2GB'

test table:
-----------
CREATE TABLE bigger_than_it_looks AS
   SELECT generate_series(1, 512E6) AS id;
ALTER TABLE bigger_than_it_looks SET (autovacuum_enabled = 'false');
ALTER TABLE bigger_than_it_looks SET (parallel_workers = 1);
ANALYZE bigger_than_it_looks;
UPDATE pg_class SET reltuples = 5000000
WHERE relname = 'bigger_than_it_looks';

The parallel workers number impacts size of the allowed memory under the
hash table and in that sense correlates with the work_mem value, needed
for the bug reproduction (keep in mind also that hash_mem_multiplier has
been changed recently).

Query:
SELECT sum(a.id)
FROM bigger_than_it_looks a
JOIN bigger_than_it_looks b ON a.id =b.id
LEFT JOIN bigger_than_it_looks c ON b.id = c.id;

Any query that needs Parallel Hash Join can be found here. The case here
is as follows.
The first batch contains a lot of tuples (on increment, it has about
67mln tuples.). We calculate the number of buckets needed, approximately
134 mln (134217728). Remember, the size of dsa_pointer_atomic is 8 in my
case, and it ends up with an overflow of the max number of DSA, which
can be allocated (1073741823 bytes).
See the new patch in the attachment.

--
regards,
Andrei Lepikhov

От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18213: Standby's repeatable read isolation level transaction encountered a "nonrepeatable read" problem
От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #18230: Redundant comparison of a local variable 'tzp' address with a NULL value at dt_common.c